Saturday, November 30, 2013

Documenting Thanksgiving 2013


When I am home it is a time to relax...not work.
Being creative is not work. It's fun. It's my hobby. It's my career.
With that said, these are images taken around my house from the days
leading up to and following Thanksgiving day.


I believe I've photographed this rug 100 times.



I totally let my mom take my cat while I was on vacation for a wedding...
And I never took her back!
She's a tumultuous woman.
This is the first time I've seen her in a month.




Behind me is a roaring fire. 


(iPhone pics above)




  
This was Jake's (the family bulldog) house.
He was a sweet dog and has since passed away but this is a cute little picture of his abode.


I love this image of him and my mom. She was truly his mama.
My mother didn't want a dog but she feel in love with him.
It was taken with B/W 120 film with one of my favorite cameras (Mamiya RZ67).
-- Fall of 2011 --



My mom is switching out holiday decorations.
Goodbye sentimental Thanksgiving...Hello Christmas!





 So. Many. Candles.
I love it.


Then we photographed a really old painting from Governor's Honors Program.
Better known as GHP in 2005.
We rolled this bad boy up and he'll be tucked away for a while.
It's amazing how much my taste has matured over the years. 
I loved this painting for a few years but now it's not quite so pleasing to me.


My mom and my sister assisting me :)
They refused to be seen.


Out of the whole painting, I would salvage this corner.
The texture is out of this world.


(Photographs taken with Canon 5D)

No comments:

Post a Comment