Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pie Chart Art




 Friends of my art world, I never get to see half of you anymore (make that Most of you).
Some artists I don't know as well, 
but you are equally included in this fun project I've come up with! 

Today I was inspired by an open sun roof, average temperature of 75 degrees, and a random Jack Johnson song that came on my radio. I used to listen to Jack year-round, but now I reserve him mainly for spring months. I think it takes me back to my time as a soon-to-be high school graduate and the excitement of summer and the end of school altogether 
(minus the 5.5 years I spent in college).

So if Jack Johnson = spring, what does summer, fall, and winter equal?

I love music and categorizing it by emotion, environment, and mood. Maybe it's the mini-psychologist in me. Also, I love the idea of creating pie charts of art. Mmm. I purposely made the pie chart above minimalistic and similar in hue so I wouldn't influence the artists that will contribute to this little mini project. I would love to see any and every interpretation of a pie chart...of course filled with 4 or 5 artist (or however many you want to include!) in every season. 

Requirements (if you will):
  • All four seasons be represented
  • 72 dpi, 9x9" (the size of my chart above) - or anything less than 1,000 pix squared
  • Submit your fabulously creative (all you) seasonal musically based pie chart by April 6, 2013 (that's three weeks)

Once everyone has submitted their charts to me via email then I will post all the lovely pie charts on my blog in one awesome pie-filled post (too bad I didn't think of this before Pi Day).  The best part about it is that this is not a contest! 
Everyone's art will make the final cut!

Email me: lsombar@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment