Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sabina Fay Braxton Workshop

Melanie Davis invited me to go to Sabina Fay Braxton's workshop at J. Nelson showroom inside ADAC (Atlanta Decorative Arts Center).
I had never been inside ADAC before! It is now open to the public.
 
 
 
Inside of ADAC (photo not taken by me)
It's like a mall just for interior designers (heaven)
 
 
 
I was told to bring an inspirational piece of fabric, so I brought the first thing that popped into my head. My favorite GAP scarf.
It's got a neutral geometric pattern, with wonderful hot pink trim.
 
 


Sabina asked what I wanted my ground color to be and I had a WHOLE table of her own textiles to use as inspiration. I didn't know where to begin, so I went with something neutral. She took my scarf and scraps of her own textiles (that I chose) back to the work room and she made this! (She works in private and doesn't allow others to see her process :( 
 
She used the same colors found in my scarf. It doesn't show up well in the photograph, but there are metallic touches all over this grid pattern.
 



 
I want to frame these two pieces she made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment