Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Look of Halloween

 
 
I've grown up loving Halloween...but recently I've discovered it's not Halloween that I like, it's the creativity, cheeriness (similar to Christmas), and family bonding that happens over a month of creepy decorating. I don't like the underlying theme of evil spirits and darkness that ultimately represents this holiday, but I like the mask of childhood fun, costumes, glowing pumpkins at dusk, and some candy that might be involved.
 
 

 
These folks had all kinds of crazy objects hanging from the tree on the left. It was sparkling in the sunset. Couldn't quite capture it with my 50mm lens. I love their mums.
 
 
 

This was just too well thought out not to include (despite the creepiness) - I do NOT like scary movies, etc. But props to these people. They probably work on the "Walking Dead" set.
(Taken with iPhone 4s)
 

 
Poncey Highlands
 
 
 
I grew up with these little guys. Simple and sweet, blowing in the wind.
 
 
 
Love the intensity.
 

 
Virginia Highlands



Just love this.





 
 
 
 
VA Highlands 
 
 



Couldn't resist.


 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 



Nature's Halloween.



What's not to love about this? Favorite Halloween house.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment